happy rainy day

9.04.2008

We have had a remarkably sunny summer this year, but today is rather drizzly and cold. Rico curls up on my lap, shivering, every time I sit down someplace even for a moment. I let the boys play outside (I sat just inside the house watching through the door, I know I'm a wimp because I hate being chilly, but they had a blast) until Jack's teeth were chattering and Joey was too cold to get down from the playhouse, they are so in love with mommy right now.

I haven't felt much like sewing today, but I have been playing with some new fabric and taking pictures of my new digs. My work space is in our basement, and though I do have a window, I don't get a lot of light, even on sunny days.

Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket



Do you ever get a new box of fabric and just unfold it and roll it and fold it again and make pretty stacks of it until it's just right? I do. I think it's part of my creative process, to actually feel the fabrics, see how they look next to various other prints, put them in a fun display so I feel happy when I get a glimpse of them while working....

My work room is still very much a work in progress, in fact, there is no way that I will show you any more than just my nifty little storage ledge until the place is in better order. Which will be soon. I hope.

In the meantime, maybe I will go splash in the rain a little. Have a happy Thursday!

Kim

Photobucket

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!