The Most Wonderful Time of the Year

10.05.2011

Can you smell it in the air? That's right, it's rick rack season! (Although, one could sensibly make the argument, when isn't it rick rack season...Also, I'm not sure rick rack has a discernible scent). Anyhoo.

Photobucket



This is the pile-o-rick-rack sitting on my cutting table right now, waiting to be made into lovely holiday things.

Photobucket



And my new ribbon organizer (50% off Craftologie at JoAnn last week, woo!).

If only the rick rack were as organized as the ribbon. Hmm.

I've been working on something for you this week, and soon you can join in the fun. That's right, I feel a tutorial coming on. It's been awhile, I know. I haven't put one up on my blog since last Rick Rack Season, in fact.

Photobucket



Apparently, my energy levels follow the weather patterns: slowing down in the summer, and speeding up in the fall. Does that happen to you, too?

So, today I pose a question to you: What sewing notion do you think deserves its own holiday? I have declared my love for rick rack (bias tape, please don't feel bad, you know I adore you). Which embellishment or gadget strikes your fancy?

Happy Stitching!
Kim

8 comments:

  1. I need one of those lil ribbon things. Didn't know they existed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hm, I'd love a "Buttons of the World" day!
    There are sooooo many beautiful buttons! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooooo, I LOVE LOVE LOVE rick rack! I can't wait to see your post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute post. Love this time oF the year to. LOL:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I think rick rack and buttons should each have a day - if there can be a day of celebration for everything from sandwiches to artichokes (and there is) why not the things that make our hearts sing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Zippers, gotta have them. I've got quite a collection going.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We definitely need a button day and a zipper day, love it!

    Jenny, I'm not sure if it was intended as a ribbon holder, but it works great with regular ribbon spools! The spools didn't fit on the holder with a dowel, so I bought the one with several compartments instead.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I also love rick-rack and buy it just because it pleases me so. :)

    ReplyDelete