rough draft

6.17.2013


I've been playing around with fabric, sketches, and embroidery floss while continuing to spiff up my sewing room. Although, when I go into experimental mode my room tends to get a wee bit (i.e. extremely) messy. Alas.

  Retro Mama: dolly embroidery hoop

I tried ironing a laser printout onto the fabric and only about half of the design transferred onto the linen, so she's a bit wobbly in the lower part where I had to wing it. I may have to keep experimenting with it, though--this hand embroidery stuff is pretty fun!

And a little something else I've been toying with, so to speak. I debated whether to show the doll at this stage as the pattern still has a couple of kinks to work out (and obviously I haven't even closed up her stuffing holes yet!), but perhaps my sewing/crafty friends can tell me if I'm on the right track.

 Retro Mama: strawberry felt applique

Happy Stitching!

15 comments:

  1. Yes you are on the right track and what a cute track it looks to be!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I love her little trousers! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. so lovely!!!
    http://freestilcreatingbyvilly.blogspot.gr/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love her - definitely on the right track! Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love her!! Can't wait for the pattern.
    Susan
    @SugarBeans.org

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh - how extremely cute! I have just come across your blog/work and I am in love :) I'm off to explore some more ...
    Em xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely on the right track! Very adorable and I want her!

    ReplyDelete
  8. very cute !!
    OMG.....thanks


    http://gendonganbayiku.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello, You are so talented, and this blog is just what I've been looking for. I love it and I'm excited that I found you. Your style is amazing, so cute. I love the colors, too.

    Come visit my humble little blog while I'm having my Give-A-Way.

    I just purchased a new sewing machine and I was out looking for fresh ideas when I found your lovely blog.

    Your newest fan, Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just what little I can see in the photo is adorable---I can't wait for the pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have tried doing some embroidery projects during my elementary years. I have embroidered pillow cases with flowers and butterflies as their designs. The doll here is so cute it looks like my doll that my mother gave me when I was three years old. It is actually still there at my closet.


    from Backy Smith @Split-Site PhD

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful!!!

    Kiss studio Lu_Tec

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh please hurry with the pattern she is adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete