Fall changes

10.28.2014

 Retro Mama | Autumn in Indiana
As the weather cools and the leaves begin to turn here in Indiana, I realize that it is also time to announce a different kind of change: I have adored packing and shipping squishy soft felt for the past 3 years, but I’ve reached a point where it’s time to simplify my life a bit. I had such a difficult time making this decision--I've had so many wonderful interactions with fellow stitchers because of felt--but in the end I think it will be the right choice. Felt is taking over more rooms of my house than I planned and is leaving less time for the creative side of my business, so unfortunately I will be phasing out felt from my shop. I will continue writing patterns and tutorials and all that good stuff.

Once upon a time, my felt kept to itself in a nice portion of my sewing room...
 Retro Mama
Awww...the felt hasn't yet (fully) taken over my sewing room. It's so cute in its little corner...

And then, it started multiplying like tribbles...
 Retro Mama 
 Second room of the house conquered...
 
The above photo was probably taken a year ago; I can't really fully show you how much space everything takes today!

All colors and sizes are stocked, but please plan ahead as I will not be restocking again (particularly if you need marshmallow, cherry, licorice, or chocolate felt as those colors tend to go rather quickly).

You will find that all felt in my shop has been discounted by 20%, and in the coming weeks I will be listing end of bolt cuts and scrap packs, also discounted. As always, I do send refunds for combined shipping. Remember that you can order multiple sheets of the same color in the custom listings! And if you don't see the combination of felt that you want I'm always happy to set up a custom order for you.

A heartfelt thanks to all my amazing customers for such an enjoyable experience selling felt. I hope now to have more time for sewing and pattern designing and writing and photography so that I'll have new things to share with you a little more frequently!

 Retro Mama | Autumn in Indiana
Happy Stitching!

2 comments:

  1. That is a very neat crafting room I ever seen, I am so embaress right now with my own room. I need to put time to organize my room than :)
    Thank you for the halloween house, Kim - it was arrived yesterday, I let my daughter to open it.. She was so happy and claimed as hers. :) Thanks again

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I can assure you my sewing room looks nothing like that now, it could use a good tidying :) I'm so glad you (and your daughter) like the ornament!!

    ReplyDelete