OK, so I lied

12.22.2008

Not intentionally, though. My new camera arrived and I couldn't help but play with it. I thought for sure that figuring out all the buttons, dials, and menus would be so complicated that it would be a couple of weeks before I could do anything with the camera, but it's proven to be pretty easy to take mediocre pictures right out of the box. And Joey is so fascinated by watching the shutter close that he's proven to be a very patient subject.

Love those big brown eyes.

Photobucket



Photobucket



Although...if he looks a little annoyed in this picture, it's possible that he eventually got tired of our little photo shoot

Photobucket



I personally think the bedhead and the chapped cheek and lips are especially cute, the latter of which are a result of a possibly foolhearty, though well-intentioned, outing we took yesterday. It was a perfectly comfortable temperature outside, all bundled up, until the arctic wind picked up and knocked the breath out of you. I probably could've edited some of the chapped skin, but I haven't figured out my photo-editing software yet. Lots to learn!

I'm excited to finally have a nice camera to capture all those wonderful little things that happen every day, and the grandparents will be excited to get a few more pictures of the grandkids in the mail than usual (sorry it took so long!).

Happy Monday!
Kim

4 comments:

  1. Hey Kim. Great new photos! I also recently got a new digial SRL and am a little intimidated by it all, but it looks like you're going to be amazing.

    Love the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats on the camera. the bed head IS the cutest thing !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AHH, a nikon dslr. Envious, I am :) I found your blog thru flickr. I love your work. I saw you live in Wisconsin. Hubs and I will be in Racine the first weekend of February he'll be doing a 3 day clinical at the hospital there. Wondering if you know of any good fabric stores in the area :) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sonia, I'm not familiar with the Racine area, though I did find an article on a few good looking shops, including a couple in Racine. I can only vouch for Mill House Quilts in Waunakee, which I've been to and is fantastic, unfortunately it's closer to Madison. I hope you have a fabulous time fabric hunting!

    ReplyDelete