I never used to be an orange person, but those orange prints are some of my most favoritest (you read that right) prints of all time. And I love those gray FMF prints too. And don't even get me started on how much I love Amy Butler's Lotus fabric line.
When the midmorning sun started peeking through the windows in my Room, I stole upstairs to start
Happy blocks. I love their simplicty. I was aiming for a slightly more calm, neutral look relative to my usual wowza-that's-bright color schemes. Still, I couldn't resist throwing in those pops of orange. I like this so much I'm considering changing the accent color in my kitchen from red to orange.
This is the front...Don't you just love the texture of linen? *happysigh* The blinding white backdrop is my snow-covered backyard.
I haven't yet decided what to do for the back, think I'll leave this hanging for a couple of days to let it inspire me.
And getting back to the title of this post. A few things that make me happy, in a secret particular order, why? Because it's the middle of the winter on an especially frostbitten day and I need a little something to keep me feeling cheery:
1. my family (especially when not grumpy but chipper and snuggly)
2. the old pink chair I found at a thrift shop for under $10
4. hot cocoa on a frosty cold morning
5. re-reading a favorite book
6. fabric (slightly redundant, but necessarily so)
7. wood embroidery hoops
8. Colin Firth (Have you seen The King's Speech? I really want to.)
9. my camera
What things make you happy?